Delaying your trip to the dentist's office?
Your El Paso, TX, dentist, Dr. Steve Yi wants you to know that missing dental visits can be harmful to your oral and dental health. If you dodge the dentist or ignore your oral health, you may need more invasive procedures, rather than a simple professional cleaning, or dental filling.
What other procedures may you need?
- Root Canal Therapy: If you sustain an injury, like a crack or a fracture, or your cavities have allowed bacteria to reach the pulp, this means you may have a tooth infection. The dentist will have to remove the tissue, disinfect the area and seal it. If the deterioration is too massive, your doctor will give you a temporary crown that will be swapped out with a permanent crown in another visit to your dentist's El Paso office.
- Dental Implants: Losing your teeth can be detrimental to one's confidence. While a tooth can be lost due to a sports injury or an accident, it can also be lost due to infrequent visits to the doctor. If your cavities have turned into issues a root canal treatment can't fix, then you may lose your tooth. During a dental implant procedure, the dentist will insert a titanium post, allow it to fuse to the jawbone for three to six months, then place an abutment and crown on top.
How to Care for Your Teeth:
In addition to visiting your doctor, you need to take care of your teeth at home.
- Getting fluoride treatments and using fluoride-containing products
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day
- Flossing at least once before bed
- Avoiding tobacco, smoking, and drinking too much coffee and tea
Visiting your dentist on a regular basis will help reduce the chances of you needing to deal with serious dental problems. If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to schedule a visit your El Paso, TX, dentist Dr. Steve Yi, call the office at (915) 751-1007.