Missing teeth change your life. Facial appearance, remaining teeth, supporting tissue, and more are never the same, even with conventional tooth replacements. Your best solution is the dental implant, a complete artificial tooth rooted right in the jaw. Your dentist at El Paso Viva Dental in El Paso, TX, Dr. Steve Yi, offers implants to patients who desire complete restoration of their smiles.
What does a dental implant do?
The standard dental implant has three parts:
- A titanium cylinder or screw which your El Paso, TX, dentist surgically inserts into the alveolar ridge of the jaw bone
- An extension post, or abutment
- A realistic and durable porcelain crown
Once placed into the jaw, the bone starts to fuse to the implant via a process called osseointegration. This healing/bonding process continues over many weeks, and when sufficiently complete, Dr. Yi bonds on the abutment and crown.
If you have more extensive tooth loss, Dr. Yi offers prosthetics such as bridge work and partial/full dentures designed to compliment your facial appearance and unique oral health needs. Usually these appliances are bonded to multiple implants (two, four, or six) for maximum security.
Can you receive dental implants?
To determine that, Dr. Yi will examine your remaining teeth, gum tissue, and supporting bone. X-rays and a three-dimensional scan reveal the health and density of your jaw bone. If necessary, your dentist can reinforce the alveolar ridge with grafting material.
In addition, the most successful dental implant patients are:
- Diligent about oral hygiene--brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and seeing Dr. Yi every six months for a check-up and professional cleaning
- Non-smokers because tobacco degrades implant sites, sometimes causing implant failure and removal
Come in for a consultation
The American Academy of Implant Dentistry reports half a million new dental implants annually in the US. Could you receive the next one? Call Dr. Yi's office team at El Paso Viva Dental in El Paso, TX, for an implant consultation and ask about our special pricing. Phone (915) 751-1007.